With the acceleration of the electrification of automobiles, the rapid development of new energy vehicles has put forward higher requirements for the construction of charging infrastructure. Charging infrastructure has become the focus and direction of new infrastructure construction in various regions, and is an essential link in the new energy vehicle industry. To effectively drive investment and support the rapid development of new energy vehicles, it is necessary to accelerate the construction and operation of charging infrastructure towards higher quality development.
What is an EV charging station?
Charging station refers to a charging device that provides energy replenishment for electric vehicles. Its function is similar to that of a fuel dispenser in a gas station, which can be fixed on the ground or wall, installed in public buildings (such as public buildings, shopping malls, public parking lots, etc.) and residential parking lots or charging stations. It can charge various types of electric vehicles according to different voltage levels.
The input end of the charging station is directly connected to the AC power grid, and the output end is equipped with charging plugs for charging electric vehicles. Generally, the charging pile provides two charging modes: conventional charging and fast charging. People can use a specific charging card to swipe the card on the human-computer interactive operation interface provided by the charging pile to perform the corresponding charging operation and print the cost data. The charging pile display screen can display the charging amount, cost, charging time and other data.
2. Classification of charging stations
According to the type of charging, it can be divided into fast charging and slow charging.
Fast charging refers to rapid charging. Fast charging piles mainly refer to charging piles with a power greater than 60kW. Fast charging refers to AC input and DC output, which directly charge the vehicle battery. The specific charging speed and duration are determined by the vehicle end. Different vehicle models require different power, and the charging speed also varies. Generally, the battery can be fully charged to 80% capacity in 30-40 minutes.
Slow charging refers to slow charging. Slow charging refers to the use of AC input and AC output, which are converted into electricity by the on-board charger and input into the battery. However, the charging time is long, and the car is usually 6-8 hours full.
According to installation methods, it is mainly divided into vertical electric vehicle charging piles and wall mounted electric vehicle charging piles.
Vertical charging station: No need to install against the wall, suitable for outdoor parking spaces;
Wall mounted charging station: fixed on the wall, suitable for indoor and underground parking spaces.
The charging speed of an electric vehicle depends on whether the power of the electric vehicle and the charging station match, not whether the power of the charging station is higher, because the actual control of charging power is the BMS system inside the electric vehicle, and only when the two match can the optimal charging state be achieved.
When the power of the charging station is greater than that of an electric vehicle, the charging speed is the fastest; When the power of the charging station is less than that of an electric vehicle, the higher the power of the charging station, the faster the charging speed.
3. How to charge a car?
There are two types of charging interfaces on the vehicle body: fast charging port and slow charging port. The method of differentiation is as follows: the two holes that are particularly large are fast charging ports, while the holes that are basically the same size are slow charging ports.
Charging guns are also divided into two types, with different sizes and weights in addition to corresponding sockets. Please distinguish and insert the corresponding interface. The fast charging gun is relatively heavy and the cable is thick; The slow charging gun is relatively light and the cable is thin.
Basic steps for charging
1. Vehicle in P gear or parked with engine off: Some models cannot start charging without engine off!
2. Open the charging port cover and pay attention to the inspection: pay attention to whether there are water stains or foreign objects such as mud and sand on the interface, especially on rainy days, be sure to confirm clearly.
3. Remove the charging gun from the charging station: Press the switch with your thumb and pull out the charging gun. Also, check the interface for any foreign objects such as water stains or mud.
4. Insert the charging gun into the corresponding charging port and push it all the way: do not press the switch when inserting the gun, as hearing a "click" sound indicates that it has been inserted in place.
5. At this point, the vehicle screen will display 'Charging Station Connected'.
6. Scan the QR code on the charging pile with your mobile phone: Scan the code with the corresponding APP or applet, or directly scan it with WeChat/Alipay.
7. Complete the payment and initiate charging on your phone.
8. View charging data: You can view data such as voltage, current, charging capacity, and battery life on the screen of your phone/car/charging station.
9. Stop charging: Press to stop charging or automatically stop when fully charged.
10. Pull out the gun and close the charging port cover: Press the switch and pull out the charging gun, while closing the charging port cover by hand to avoid forgetting.
11. Return the charging gun to its original position.